Happy Mother’s Day from all of us at Songbird!
Motherhood means a lot of things to a lot of different people. Here at Songbird it’s especially meaningful as we have our own Baby Bird running around – the son of Songbird Owner, Whitney Nichole.
We also love seeing all your little ones we teach, grow and gain confidence in their singing voices. It’s what being a vocal coach is all about!
In celebration of all the wonderful Mother’s out there, here are our vocal coaches favorite songs that remind them of Mothers.
And for all the papas, see our post on Songs That Remind Us of Dad!
1. Lindy Miller Castro, Songbird Coach: My mom, Sue, LOVES Rod Stewart, and especially For the First Time makes me think of her.
2. Ashten Smith, Songbird Coach: No One Needs to Know by Shania Twain… That whole album actually lol! Also: Check Yes or No by George Strait
3. Whitney Nichole aka “Mama Chirp”, Songbird Owner: Just another day by Jon Secada and Queen of the Night by Whitney Houston – my mom used to jam out to those when I was little!!!
4. Kathy Parmisano, Songbird Admin: I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
5. Blake Cline, Songbird Coach: Coat of Many Colors, Dolly Parton
6. Christina Stogsdill, Songbird Coach: My parents used to sing “honkytonk” before they got into church…I remember my mom singing “I Was Country When Country Wasn’t Cool” by Barbara Mandrell!
7. Meghan Kelly, Songbird Coach: I hope you dance by Leanna Womack
8. Caren Purlmutter, Songbird Coach: I just called to say I love you!!! Total Mom Love Song 🙂
9. Samantha Scott, Songbird Admin: Moon River – My mom has always loved this song and it makes me think of her whenever I hear it.