You’ve heard of Dad jokes, but we’re here to share our favorite Dad songs! We asked our vocal coaches to share their favorite songs that remind them of their fathers.
And for all the mamas, see our post on Songs That Remind Us of Mom!
Happy Fathers Day to all the wonderful fathers out there 🙂
1. Lindy Miller Castro, Songbird Coach: The soundtrack to the Legend of Bagger Vance. The whole thing. For my Stepdad: Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream
2. Niall David: Break on Through by The Doors, on an old school really old record player on a stereo from 1978.
3. Blake Cline, Songbird coach: This was tough. ‘Innocent Man’ Billy Joel 1983. This was the first cassette tape that mysteriously went missing from his collection into mine.
4. Meghan Kelly, Songbird coach and Event Manager: My Immortal by Evanescence- I remember when my dad bought me their cd and we would listen to them every time we were in his car. He loves Amy Lee’s voice.
5. Christina Stogsdill, Songbird coach: My dad was a honky tonker when I was little, so our living room was full of guitars, amps & mics. He sang a ton of old country and one that stands out to me is “Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star” by Merle Haggard.
6. Kathy Parmisano, Songbird Lead Admin: Mama I’m Coming Home by Ozzy Osborne! My dad used to play this for me when I was baby still in my crib 🙂
7. Ashten Smith, Songbird coach: Tubthumping by chumbawumba.
Super Bowl 1997 the Packers played and he blasted in his car every day.
8. Meryll Locquiao, Songbird coach: Always by Atlantic Starr..my dad and I sang a lot of karaoke together growing up and this one was one of our go-to duets 🙂 Also, The Prayer by Andrea Bocelli and Celine too 🙂
9. Samantha Scott, Songbird Admin: Professional Jealousy, by Van Morrison. This song catapults me back to summers in the backyard with my dad at the BBQ. Van Morrison was a summer staple!
10. Kristen Princiotta, Songbird coach and teacher support manager: Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
Let us hear from you! What song would you add?
About the Blog
The Official Blog of Songbird Studios in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. We offer singing lessons, voice lessons, vocal coaching, songwriting workshops, group classes, summer camps, and performance showcases in Nob Hill, Noe Valley & Sunset; San Francisco, CA.