[ kab-uh–rey ]
A form of theatrical entertainment featuring music, song, dance, recitation, or drama. It is mainly distinguished by the performance venue, which might be a pub, a restaurant, or a nightclub with a stage for performances. The audience, often dining or drinking, does not typically dance, but usually sits at tables. Performances are usually introduced by a Master of Ceremonies or MC.
Songbird Virtual Cabaret
Wanting to beef up your stage performance game? Then Virtual Cabaret is for you!
It’s a fast-paced LIVE VIA ZOOM show featuring a student MC! VC will be unlike any event we’ve ever held before.
- Adults only (Watch for future dates for kids!)
- Each performer will have an assigned 10 minute time slot
- Participants will perform two songs & deliver some anecdote as well
- This event is limited to 6 performers who are ready to create an experience for the virtual audience that you’ll provide
- In the real world, venues rely on the talent to fill the room. Performers will be encouraged/expected to bring at least 3 people to the show, which will last roughly one hour.
All genres are welcome!
Ready to mingle? A short social will happen immediately following the show. Performers are encouraged to stick around to chat with your fellow Songbirds or answer questions from the audience!
TO PARTICIPATE, YOU SHOULD:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a stable setup for online performance (ambiance encouraged, but not required)
- Have at least TWO polished songs & a word or two in between, whether it be about your songs, yourself or your dog!
- Have a desire to practice & perfect your stage presence
- Have a desire to connect with other artists